filost.com/stop.htm driving me mad

5ean 11:39 27 Feb 05

when surfing I constantly get a new window which just keeps opening more and more windows going to this address:

click here

there is no such site so you get the standard screen "page not found" however it's very frustrating.

Am running Norton Full Suite
Spybot
Adaware
CWShredder

They picked up a few things and I got rid of them but not this problem.

I had a virus not long ago that shut down Norton so in the end I re-installed. Makes me wonder if it was worth the £50 when I had no problems just running zonealarm for free!

Never had as many problems before getting Norton.

thanks in advance for any help.

5ean 11:41 27 Feb 05

where it says click here: annoying forum software! don't click it! says w w w. f i l o s t . c o m / s t o p . h t m

Alan H E 17:19 27 Feb 05

Start>Run>type msconfig>enter>click startup tab & see if anything there - if so remove tick>click apply>OK and reboot

5ean 23:54 27 Feb 05

Doesn't seem to be anything untoward.

Anything I was unsure of I searched for info about them and they all came up as genuine stuff for software I have installed ie Modem driver Norton etc etc. Not downloaded stuff.

curlylad 00:34 28 Feb 05

I think that you probably need to take some immediate security measures.If your opening page goes straight to this page then to me this means that you have some sort of infection from some source or another , probably something that is trying to hijack your home page.You say you have Norton but it doesn't look like it is finding or stopping the attempted hijack.There are different things that we can try to sort this out , OK then lets first hit this with a²FREE from here click here download and run this and let us know what the result is and we will tackle this from there !

5ean 18:54 02 Mar 05

click here

I think you wanted me to run this analysis? Anyway i am off to download the other part and try that. Maybe this will tell you something? It's only available 7 days from now (02 Mar)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…