films on to hard drive

hubdean 16:59 26 Dec 05

how can i save my films on to my hard drive

pj123 17:09 26 Dec 05

What films? Commercial or own made.

If commercial you may not be able to as they will be protected (apart from it being illegal).

Your own made films you will need some form of capture device and a capture program.

Just type vhs to dvd into the search box (at the top of page) and you will find lots of info there.

kindly 13:42 27 Dec 05

As pj says, it is not legal to copy a legal copy of a film to your hard drive. Although you can make a duplicate of it for backup purpose only. If the film you want to put on your hard drive is of your own making then all you need to do is either use the camcorder leads,(firewire) to copy it over to a folder of your choice. This is assuming you have windows XP.When you plug the leads in a seperate screen will pop up and ask you what you want. Just follow the propmts.
You can also use a little converter called "Dazzle". This is used if you just have an oldish camcorder (like me) to plug the leads into from the camcorder itself and the dazzle unit leads into the computer. Hope i have helped a little.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…