Filming in HD on Cyberlink PowerDirector 8, advice needed please?

Sneeze1 19:45 PM 07 Jan 12

Hi I have a Sony HD camcorder and have been told I can’t film in standard, so I will have to film in HD. I have Windows XP Home and upload my movies through Cyberlink Power Director Version 8. I am worried that I will get error messages on my screen when I try to get the files through Cyberlink Power Director. This is the first time I have filmed in HD. What I would like to know is will I have to spend ages looking for a HD conversion, or will Cyberlink be able to handle the files?

Thanks very much.

100andthirty 07:58 AM 08 Jan 12

Best thing to do is try it. Handling HD video requires both suitable software and a decent processor. Having 64bit operating system and video editing sodtware helps.

What processor and OS do you have?

The latest Powerdirector 10 Ultra version is 64 bit software and highly spoken of for HD editing but is £65 and needs a 64 bit operating system to work.

I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio 10 Platinum on a quad core Athlon with Windows 7, 64 bit. This is fine but the Sony software needed a small hack to make it see more than 2GB.

Sneeze1 16:31 PM 08 Jan 12

Hi I have Windows XP Home and my movie software I use is Cyberlink Power Director Version 8, I hope to upgrade to 9 if possible as it came as a free programme with one of my digital camera magazines.

Not sure what processor my pc has, how do I find that out please? I think it could be Processor x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~2399 Mhz does that help?

100andthirty 21:08 PM 09 Jan 12

First thing I'd do is try the movies with the software you've got.

Sneeze1 18:15 PM 10 Jan 12

I might turn the HD off on the camera and film in standard.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things