Film Scanners

arakasi 19:38 27 Feb 03

Does anyone out there have any info (prices.specs etc.) on separate fim scanners (35mm) as opposed to flatbed with 35mm attachments? Any info. help,
recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Haven't been able to find any reviews in general PC mags.

shifty 20:07 27 Feb 03

Try click here . They have their own branded scanner which I have recently purchased. Its a 35mm - 1800dpi - 36bit - usb scanner. The interpolated resolution specified is 19,200x19,200dpi. Microtech had an identical scanner that was priced at around £129.00 which my Dad purchased in June last year. Would recommend both for quality results, they will manage some of the darker kodak film and slides without any problems.

interzone55 20:30 27 Feb 03

Morgan Computers have a few Minolta film scanners

click here

Minolta Dimage Dual Scan II
2880 dpi, USB, brand new.

click here

Minolta Scan Elite
Similar to Dual Scan, but SCSI, so much faster, and probably better constructed, but you need a SCSI card and they're not the easiest things to install. Also brand new.

Both above scanners £199.99 +VAT

click here
By way of contrast this is a professional medium format scanner (6x6, 6x7, 6x9) with image enhancement features. Brand new, end of line, half price, £999.99 + vat.

Alan

Filch 02:11 28 Feb 03

The Minolta Dimâge Scan Dual II is very good with good software. I've been using one for over two years. It comes with Photoshop LE. The new Dimâge Scan Dual III for a bit more is a slight improvement and has Photoshop Elements. Also, good support from Minolta, either by 'pnone or on line, and they update the drivers from time to time which can be downloaded from their site.

bfoc 09:14 28 Feb 03

A Benq Scanwit 2720s and have found it excellent quality for the money, but it only scans 35mm.

Also Benq offered fast replacement when the SCSI card supplied with it 'died'.

I got mine from Dabs.com and the Quicklinx reference is 21JHWS.

Mine cane with Photoshop Elements, but I notice that now Dabs.com says it comes with Photoshop LE.

arakasi 20:03 28 Feb 03

My sincere thanks to all who responded to my enquiry. I very much appreciate your help and advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac