Filling in a PDF form

Pineman100 15:24 09 Jul 06

I want to fill in a planning application form that I have downloaded from my local authority's website in PDF format.

I have access to a computer with Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard, but I can't see how to use this software to fill in the form. Is this possible, or do I need something else entirely?

Many thanks for any advice.

ade.h 15:28 09 Jul 06

If the person who created the form did it properly, you can click on the text tool and enter text in the normal way. If not, you'll need to print it off.

Pineman100 16:03 09 Jul 06

My problem is that there doesn't seem to be a text tool (A cap "T" I presume?). There's a Select Text tool, and on the Tools menu there's the facility to insert a Text Box, but this comes out bright yellow with a thick black border (and no apparent way to modify it).

Any further ideas please?

ade.h 17:01 09 Jul 06

No, actually, it's a text cursor with Select written next to it. You use the same command to drag and select text.

ade.h 17:02 09 Jul 06

If it doesn't work, then the form is not useable in this way, and you'll have to print it.

ArrGee 17:51 09 Jul 06

Most local authority pdf forms are password protected and cannot be filled in on-screen, even if you have Acrobat Pro. However, if you have an application such as Adobe InDesign, you can (firstly) save the pdf to you hard drive, then place the pdf into a new InDesign document. From there you can fill in the form, then export as a pdf file for e-mailing back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009