FileZilla transfer

Pepper9 11:40 03 Dec 08

I am new to FileZilla.

I have followed the instructions to "Publish your site" and everything seemed to go well. I got a message in the top window saying "Status: Directory listing successful". Does this mean that I have successfully transferred my files to my internet hosting site? Or should I now do something else?

Thanks

Phil

jolorna 11:47 03 Dec 08

did you log into your website, and then highlight all the files you want to upload, then right click and you will see the upload, click that to upload all your files, thats what i do

Pepper9 11:51 03 Dec 08

I filled in all the information that I was given by 123.net (my new web hosting site). I had already said that I wanted it linking directly to my www. address. When I had finished filling in all the info the connection was made successfully and I got the message "Status: Directory listing successsful" My files were already in the left hand window ready to be uploaded.
Phil

jolorna 11:54 03 Dec 08

the ones in teh left hand window need to be highlited then right clic select upload then they should show in the right hand window as well when they have been uploaded

jolorna 11:58 03 Dec 08

if your still having problems you would be better posting it in the Webdesign forum or ask the FE to move it over

Pepper9 12:02 03 Dec 08

I have just rechecked FileZilla and dragged the files for my web site from the left windowto the right window - it seems to have been what I was missing!! Files appear now to have been transferred.
Thanks
Phil

jolorna 12:05 03 Dec 08

have you checked your website to make sure they are uploaded

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…