Filewall

ntlman 14:55 04 Apr 04

As anybody used outpost filewall by agnitum with windows xp pro and did they have a anyproblems with it

Diodorus Siculus 15:03 04 Apr 04

No but used it for a day on 98 lite and it did not liek the OS - more to do with 98lite than Outpost, I suppose.

spuds 15:17 04 Apr 04

A bit about firewalls click here which might be of interest.

Terrahawk 15:24 04 Apr 04

i have used the outpost firewall with xp pro and it hasnt caused me any problems

Graham ® 15:32 04 Apr 04

30 day trial from agnitum click here

TommyRed 15:40 04 Apr 04

I had Outpost firewall but when I ran 'Shields Up' test it showed two ports open. I was able to stealth one but not the other (1025 I think). I uninstalled it and ran Zone Alarm free edition, this passed the test. Outpost is well respected on here, in fact, I initially got it because it was recommended on here. Try 'Shields Up' click here HTH TR

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:50 04 Apr 04

It is well-documented that some professionals regard 'Shields Up', ZoneAlarm and Steve 'barrow boy' Gibson as one step from barking. ZA is resource hungry and Steve Gibson's lurid sites are only there to engender paranoia.

Your chance of getting hacked on a home computer is less than nil so Outpost will do the job admirably. Use the free version as there is no need to pay for a firewall.

G

ntlman 16:19 04 Apr 04

Didn't like zonealarm
it stop msn messanger from working properly
and kept crashing the pc making it run slowe whats the best option to set oupost to for allowing acces to the internet I have set it to allow most at the moment because the rules one stoped everything from working

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…