files wont delete

loser7 21:22 26 Nov 06

I downloaded a few programs from a chinese server and installed them on my pc. These programs seemed to have worked as they should but my pc kept connecting to the net and opening a chinese web page. I ran AVG and deleted a virus, i also ran adaware, ccleaner and XoftSpySE. The pages kept opening until i uninstalled the programs and ran the scans again. I do not have that prolem anymore but i have found three files in my program files and they will not be deleted. when i try to delete them i get a message saying to make sure the disk is not write protected or the program is not in use.
Could somebody tell me is there another way to delete theses files. Thanks

loser7 21:24 26 Nov 06

The files are called Baidu, CNNIC and 107UP

rsinbad 21:30 26 Nov 06

could try click here

loser7 21:33 26 Nov 06

thanks rsinbad will try now

Jak_1 21:37 26 Nov 06

If that doesn't work then dissable system restore, re-boot into safe mode and run AVG and your antispyware progs. Delete any remaining files by hand and then re-boot in normal mose and re-activate system restore. Note that you will lose any restore points that were stored.

skidzy 21:38 26 Nov 06

If no joy from the above,try taking ownership of the file.click here

loser7 23:07 26 Nov 06

Ok skidzy i tried your link but was unable to solve problem but thanks anyway also thanks to rsinbad i was able to delete 2 of the folders with prog. Jak_1 i did all you said and thought it had worked but as im typing this post my pc has just opened that page again and that 107up file has appeared in my program files again, so i have no idea how to get rid of it for good. The file looks like 3 books in a box with an arrow on it (if thats any help) maybe zipped or something.

wee eddie 23:07 26 Nov 06

Just close down the PC and then restart clicking F8 or F5.

wee eddie 23:09 26 Nov 06

System Restore as well as that is probably where it is returning from.

loser7 23:11 26 Nov 06

I turned system restore off and started in safe mode and went through all the scans, but does this mean i can not turn system restore back on again when im finished

wee eddie 23:26 26 Nov 06

but as they may contain the bits you are trying to delete, they're useless anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…