FILES WAITING TO BE WRITTEN TO CD???

blackpat 07:11 19 Jun 04

Hi all, I recently upgraded to w xp and got broadband.Every time I boot up my computer, I get a pop up box that says "you have files waiting to be written to cd" When I click on it , it opens to notepad and there is a long line of numbers.Anybody know what it is? Also my computer takes ages to boot up, will I do any damage if I uncheck things in startup?
RTegards, Blackpat

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:38 19 Jun 04

Slow starting this explains services you can dispense with to speed up boot.
click here

But first delete files from internet cache and clear out the junk. Temporary File Cleaners:-
Crap Cleaner click here
Empty temp folders click here

Files waiting to write? Have you been dragging files to cd, if so recording may not be enabled:

my comp > cd:drive > properties > recording tab > enable recording on this drive.

If not then you may have a virus or spyware some freeones if you haven't got one:-

Anti Spyware :-
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
Anti Virus :-
avast4 click here
Antivir click here
AVG antivirus click here

/\0/\

rawprawn 09:46 19 Jun 04

Go to your CD drive and delete "files waiting to be written", and no if you go to Start/run, type msconfig hit OK /go to the start tab and if you untick what you don't want to run at startup you will do no damage. You can always go back and tick programs that you want if you change your mind. Word of warning don't untick any system programs that have to start to let your machine run properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…