Files--Unable to rename

J. I. 15:16 25 Mar 04

I was previously able to rename my Files by right clicking and selecting rename. Now when I try to rename, a small Rename Window displays with the following message. (If you change the File extension the file may become unusable. Are you sure you want to change it.) I am given a Yes or No option. If Yes selected the file changes from a image to a blank envelope style format. If No, the file remains as before. I have tried changing dozens of my Files with the same results. This was never a problem before. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
John Irving

Sethhaniel 15:20 25 Mar 04

and add it to the rename name ie seth.txt or .gif etcso windows knows which file to open it with

Taff36 15:33 25 Mar 04

That`s to say if you file extensions are hidden for known types you can change the name and the file type remains the sam. (.doc or.xls etc) You have the file extensions visible and you must remember to type in the correct file extension.

The first post tells you how to get back to your previous state and is the most convenient solution if you are renaming lots of files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…