Files and transfer wizard

little jack 13:26 23 Aug 09

With ref. to using (The files and settings transfer wizard in windows. ref. microsoft .
Do have to download Winsip. and Quicken.as in the microsoft article and update Acrobat reader ? before starting to transfer (i am useing null modum serial cable)

little jack 13:28 23 Aug 09

PS. if so where can i download them for free ?thankyou

Taff™ 07:10 24 Aug 09

Might Have been better to keep this with your original thread. click here

The article you refer to is on the following link for other forum users who want a quick reference to how to use the Windows Files & Settings Transfer Wizard for XP. click here

In that article Winzip, Quicken and Adobe Reader are mentioned as examples of programs that the author had to reinstall on her machine before the transfer took place.

All the programs you have on the old machine must be reinstalled on the new one if you want them to work with your transferred data for those respective programs. So for example, if you have Quicken on your old machine you would need to install it on the new machine from the original discs you bought. (You can`t get a legit copy of that one off the net!)

I wouldn`t bother with Winzip because XP can natively handle ZIP files anyway and Adobe Reader is available from click here adobe.com. Although I prefer PDF Xchange Viewer as an alternative.

In your case I think you`re only trying to transfer your Outlook Express Settings and Address Book so you don`t need to re-install any programmes if that`s still the case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009