files return after been deleted

Steve C 21:34 14 Feb 05

5 files have been transferred through msn messenger onto my hard drive when i try to delete them they come back again and if i open messenger they transfer to others who are logged in. they are created as msdos files
i am running 2000pro
Have used a virus detector but they dont show up and spy ware the same
has any one any idea how to get rid apart from wiping the hard drive and reinstall

the-george 21:46 14 Feb 05

Perhaps giving some details of the five files that are transferred might enable someone to help.

Steve C 22:16 14 Feb 05

the files dont do any thing when you click them they are 30 kb
the names are
kool
me pissed
john kerry as super chicken
me and you pic
sexy
when you go into properties the type of file is shortcut to ms dos program
thats all i can tell you

ade.h 22:24 14 Feb 05

What spyware have you used so far? Go through all the usual reputable ones like Spybot, Ad-Aware, Spyware Blaster, etc. And click here for a free online scan.

the-george 20:53 15 Feb 05

I noticed and am pleased to see that you have marked the problemn as 'resolved'.
However, it would be helpful if you posted details of how the problem was finally resolved. This would be interesting to anyone who responded to your posting and might help future users if they have the same problem.
If someone can resolve their problem by searching previously posted threads it also keeps down the volume of new threads and so helps everybody.

frankie 21:12 15 Feb 05

well said and a small thanks for your effort would not go amiss

ade.h 20:29 16 Feb 05

Agree with you george; I'd like to know if my link was of any use in this case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…