Files not stored where I wish them to be.

RISC OS user 13:31 27 Jul 14
Answered

How can I "run a program as Administrator" every time without having to go to the C drive and drill down to the actual application and right clicking the menu and clicking "Run as Administrator"? I am running the program Virtual Acorn and when I bring in files from a real Risc over the LAN the files appear to be stored in the correct place but if I then decide to delete one of these files I get an "Access Violation" error. On looking into C:\Users\Allan\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files The files I have just moved from the Real RiscPC to the Virtual Acorn Risc are there, and not where I wish them to be stored within the Virtual Acorn program files known as DardDisc 4. I normal sign in as the Administrator as I am the only person using the machine. Windows 8.1 is installed.

rdave13 13:45 27 Jul 14

Right click the program's icon, select properties, compatibility tab, you should have a box to tick for 'Run this program as an administrator'.

RISC OS user 15:11 27 Jul 14
Answer

Have re-set as suggested, but have not had time to run and check it. Thank you for your help, assuming all works well I will then close this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac