files from a micro SD card

Ikelos 13:00 09 Nov 10

Hi, just got a new phone which has a micro SD card, 4GB, I have ordered a 16GB card, I have connected the phone to the laptop, because there is no slot for the card (still with me?) if I highlight all the files and transfer them to a folder will everything be transferred, so when I get the new card (with adapter) is it a case of just copy and paste them back to the new card.

Thank you

john bunyan 14:14 09 Nov 10

The new card should be formatted on the phone first. Hopefully everything will come back. BTW I bought in ASDA a USB card reader for £5 that accepts micro and normal SD cards.

Terry Brown 14:14 09 Nov 10

If you do the above, all te files should be copied to a folder on your laptop, they will still be on the original card.

Try and see, if it does not work, you have lost nothing.

Remember to COPY not MOVE.
Terry

Seth Haniel 14:29 09 Nov 10

remember to unhide files in windows explorer as there may be hidden system files on the card that won't copy if not unhidden

Ikelos 14:32 09 Nov 10

thank you both for that, we now wait for the new card to arrive..........and the new phone is a HTC.Desire, all we need now is to learn how to use it.....

thanks again

Ikelos 14:33 09 Nov 10

seth, I will check that out now.thanks

Nontek 17:07 09 Nov 10

As a matter of interest, I have very recently got the HTC Wildfire, Desires' little brother, almost identical just smaller. Thought at first I would never get the hang of it, but I stuck at it and am very glad I did (75yr old-codger). A brilliant piece of kit - can even use it as a satnav with voice directions, and Google maps with Street-view! It also picks up the very weak signal where I live, which my other mobile could not do. Which is why I got it in the first place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5