FILES LOST AFTER CUT AND PASTE URGENT HELP!!!

Google87 14:25 PM 26 Sep 11

I was trying to cut a song out of my memory card to my computer because my memory card is full and i wanted to paste another song. When I tries to cut it, the computer hangged and sort of misfunctioned. When I put the memory card back into my phone, all the music files were gone. When I transferred to another pc, I checked my memory card and the music files were gone. When I clikced scan the virus, The music folder is gone too. It sort of changed to an unopened or not be able to open file. How will I solve this?

Nontek 14:30 PM 26 Sep 11

Don't know if this will help, but I would try a System Restore back to just before all this happened.

northumbria61 14:32 PM 26 Sep 11

Or download and use RECUVA from here enter link description here

Woolwell 17:19 PM 26 Sep 11

System restore is unlikely to help as it doesn't touch data files.

The problem is that you have cut ie deleted the song and the paste action wasn't done. Recuva may work. For future use copy and paste and make sure you have a back up of important files.

Nontek 17:38 PM 26 Sep 11

Woolwell As the Music Folder is part of Windows, I would have thought that a System Restore might help - only guessing, though it is the first thing I would have done.

Woolwell 17:47 PM 26 Sep 11

Nontek - There is a common misconception about system restore. It restores your system files (program installations, drivers, etc) see What is system restore. It does not restore data files for that you need a back up although a system image will do it too.

Woolwell 17:47 PM 26 Sep 11

ps the contents of the music folder are data files.

Nontek 18:17 PM 26 Sep 11

I know the contents are Data - but the Folder itself has been 'lost'.

Woolwell 18:33 PM 26 Sep 11

Just reread the initial post and it would seem that the music files and folder are missing from the card. The card may have been corrupted.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: We're just hours away from the OnePlus 2 l2…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things