Files and Images have been deleted

fatbelly333 21:37 01 Dec 14

Hi All, I have used my Win 7 PC a few times today with no problems. But when I turned the PC back on at 6pm all of my images and word docs have been deleted. I do mean all. I had around 3,000 images and around 40 word documents. Now they are all gone. I have done a system restore back to the 26th Nov but to no avail the files haven't come back.

The documents and images were all in different files and not together.I am currently doing a AVG virus scan whcih is 82% finished with no threats found.

What do you think had happened ? IS there anything I can do to get my files etc back?

Many Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:49 01 Dec 14

Restore only works with windows system files not data so you should Always BACK UP

TRy a program like Recuva

lotvic 23:02 01 Dec 14

this article should help some (is free, no cost, nothing to buy):

quote/ "All My Files and Folders are Hidden after Rogue Virus attack - how to unhide them click here

If your system is still infected with a rogue antivirus, please follow the instructions on how to remove these rogue malware programs. After the malware has been removed, follow these steps to unhide your files and folders.

For Windows 7

1) Click on the Windows Orb (Start button)

2) Click on Computer

3) Click on Organize

4) Click on Folder and Search Options

5) Click on View

6) Click the option for "Show Hidden Files and Folders"

7) Click Ok

Now you should be able to see all of your files and folders. However, they still have the hidden file attibute set. When we remove the hidden attribute on the files and folders, all of your files should reappear normally." /end quote

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…