Files & Folders-Wireless networking

lacker 23:29 14 Feb 03

Hi Gang,
Can anybody help me please.Where wireless networking is concerned,I am a complete Novice.Have just installed Actiontec usb wireless units to my pc and laptop.Have successfully connected up my internet,but am at loss how to set up the network to exchange files and folders etc.I am running XP home on the relevant partition,all instructions from actiontec website seem to refer to Win ME or 98.The sequence given by them 'does not compute' on XP.
All help gratefully received.

Tony

LastChip 23:39 14 Feb 03

You must share a drive or individual files in order to share them.

In order to do this, "Right Click" on the drive or file and select sharing.

If you have already done this an it still doesn't work, you will probably have to set-up a User Account to enable the data to be shared. More about that if you need further help. Please let us know.

lacker 23:47 14 Feb 03

Ta everso! I will try your suggestion in the AM,when there is a little more chance of my brain working,for now its off to bed I think.
regards Tony

Forum Editor 01:08 15 Feb 03

make sure that both machines have different names, but the same workgroup name. By default it's MSHOME, and you may as well use that unless you have a particular reeason to do otherwise.

Forum Editor 01:09 15 Feb 03

must be a seeasonal thing. Sorry.

lacker 10:58 15 Feb 03

I think I have got the hang of it ,but I can't play anymore now, as management has decreed(or should that be deecreeed FE)we go out and spend some money.If I hit any problems later,I will come back to you.

Thanks again Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…