Files and Folders put on Google drive appear with green tick why?

alternator 30 Jan 13
Answered

Running W7, with Open Office. Have just backed up My Doc files onto Google Drive. All folders and files that are on Google Drive have a green tick over the icon. However if I create a new file that does not have a tick, even though it is in the same folder with files that appear to have the same properties. I tried to search on W7 help Google drive forum, I looked also on Open Office (but I don't think it is that that is applying the tick). The only reference I could find to tick were to do with Norton, I do not have Norton installed. Any comment I would be grateful for.

Sea Urchin 30 Jan 13
Answer

It is part of the Google Drive process. See paragraph at bottom of this page

Google Drive

alternator 30 Jan 13

Thanks for that Sea Urchin, I looked on this page but could not see the icon so obviously overlooked the last paragraph. Just shows when in doubt RTFI READ THE Fxxxxxx INSTRUCTIONS. Thanks again.

Sea Urchin 30 Jan 13

And now the green tick has appeared on this thread without any comment :o)

Sea Urchin 30 Jan 13

Apologies for that - posted before you had a chance to reply!!!

alternator 30 Jan 13

Touche

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message