Files downloaded from Housecall

Valvegrid 18:10 07 May 03

Just curious, I run Housecall yesterday, just to see what it found. After I had finished I checked the hard drive and found Housecall had "pinched" over 30M of space. Couldn't remove them from Add/Remove programs 'cos it wasn't there. It took me blom'in ages to find all it's squit and delete it. has anyone else found the same?

That'll teach me for being nosey!

Paul.

tbh72 18:22 07 May 03

I have used housecall for absolutely ages!!!! It may appear unfair that it d/l's virus patern etc to your hard drive, but you'll find it's equal in size to any other good virus scanner.

Housecall is absolutely fantastic with the advice it offers to help you clean your machine up after receiving trojans or viruses.

Grrrr. I don't actually use a virus scanner & never have done, so Housecall suits me just fine.

Ironman556 18:31 07 May 03

I use housecall occasionally just to check that my systems free of viruses. I use AVG to protect generally, but Housecall for a thorough scan once a month. I havn't nopticed a large file on my hard disc, I'll check next time.

Valvegrid 18:56 07 May 03

Fair comment tbh72, but I think it would nice to be told the're going to plonk a load of files in your windows folder without permission.

Ironman556
I run 98SE the files are loaded into the Windows folder, I'm trying to remember what they are called.......I think they start with AU??.* there are about 4 folders plus several *.dll's and a couple of *.exe files in the Windows folder itself. If I remember one of them is tcs.exe and that one is a biggy.

Thanks for your both.

Paul.

Valvegrid 18:59 07 May 03

Ooops
Meant to say, thanks for your reply both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…