Files Copied to CDR cannot be viewed on other PC's

bronco 23:04 21 Jun 05

When I copy files (any type) to CD-R they can only be viewed using the PC they were copied from. When I insert the CD into other PC's, I reveive a message "Insert a CD into the Drive" and no files are displayed.

woodchip 23:07 21 Jun 05

If you are using XP to 98 or opposite way round it may be that, as I have problems with discs but CD seem OK

woodchip 23:11 21 Jun 05

PS also if you just drag files in Explorer onto CD that is more likely the Prob as its like InCD that is part of Nero, if you use NERO to copy the Files the should open in all

Both In CD and XP cd Write Software are Packet Writing Software that may not work on other Computers. unless the software is loaded on the computer

Stuartli 23:34 21 Jun 05

I have several multisession CD-Rs containing a variety of programs, applications and (mostly) utilities that are used to update other systems.

Some of the CD-Rs are finalised, some are not, but all work on other systems.

They have been produced with several versions of Nero including Reloaded.

Stuartli 23:36 21 Jun 05

If you are using multisession disks do you ensure that after each session that the folder filename is updated?

If not then you won't be able to read some of the files no matter what the system used.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…