files to cd

birkdalite 19:36 23 Nov 03

I am trying to transfer some files to cd rom. I have s/cuts to my drives on desktop. normally I can drag and drop,today I keep getting error message to the effect that the shortcut has been changed or moved and no longer works.My drives are 0k in device manager and can be used for all other purposes.Any ideas please.
Windows xp home

terminus 19:39 23 Nov 03

Right click save as..works for me

grabster 19:48 23 Nov 03

Any chance you could elaborate as i thought i had to load nero and search for my backup folder etc... to backup my files,if there's an easier way i'd like to know how ?

birkdalite 20:37 23 Nov 03

terminus Sorry don't understand, the items have already been saved to a file, and the file saved I now want to save it to disc for safekeeping

Pesala 20:42 23 Nov 03

Open My Computer, Right-click on the drive icon, and create a shortcut on the desktop. Then drag your files to that, and if it works, delete the old shortcut icon.

terminus 11:29 24 Nov 03

Sorry birkdalite I'm using XPpro I assume Home is the same .. right click on a file .. choose the send to option.... then send to CD.

usually I find the file with windows explorer, which is in accessories.

birkdalite 16:19 24 Nov 03

terminus thanks for follow up .Yes right click and send to has always worked in the past, but not now for some reason. Pesala, tried this as well, still get error message. Have now succeded using Nero but would love to know what's wrong!!

terminus 17:33 24 Nov 03

I think..? this might be something to-do with a start up program. ??..

woodchip 17:45 24 Nov 03

delete the shortcut. open my computer right click your cdrw and drag to desktop and create a new one

woodchip 17:46 24 Nov 03

PS or in explorer, better still drag to send to folder in the windows folder

woodchip 17:55 24 Nov 03

You may need to run XP repair if you have a full XP CD

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…