files between fat32 and ntfs ??

Magik ®© 21:04 26 Jul 04

hi, am i right in thinking that a PC with ntfs filing system can share files on a network with a fat32 PC, but not round the other way..

thanks

TomJerry 21:20 26 Jul 04

OS handle file system, nothing to do with network.

You can have both NTFS and FAT32 on the same Harddisk. My HDD has two ntfs partition, one fat32 partition each serves different purpose.

Magik ®© 21:28 26 Jul 04

thanks, the reason i asked was, I can access the files on the fat32 win98 PC, from the ntfs xp laptop, but not the other way, both on a wireless network.....

Chegs ® 21:36 26 Jul 04

click here

Go here and d/l the "NTFS Bootdisk | Read and copy NTFS files to local FAT 12/16/32 and/or network drives. | Bootable CD Version " It should let you access files either way.

Magik ®© 21:40 26 Jul 04

thank you.

goonerbill 21:42 26 Jul 04

YES, you can partition a harddrive to have NTFS and FAT32 partitions but a computer that is NTFS formatted ( win xp etc:)can read harddrives that are FAT32 formatted but a computer that is FAT32 formatted (win 98,ME) cannot read drives that are NTFS formatted.

someone may correct me but i was never able to when i had my system dual booting ME and XP.

goonerbill 21:46 26 Jul 04

wish i had known the site when i had dual boot.

thanks also Chegs ®

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…