file will not play

wesparmalee 13:47 07 Oct 03

I have recently renamed a music file on my pc.Now i find that the file will not play in any of my players(media player,real one e.t.c.)I get a message telling me that windows cannot play this file,and needs to know what program created it.It then gives me two options,one to use the web to find it,or a program.How can i get this file back into it's original state,as the options they give make no difference.Thanks.

vinnyo123 14:09 07 Oct 03

DAT. INF. MPEG. ???

struggle8 14:10 07 Oct 03

right click on file select open with, choose program, then select either win med player or real player it should play now hopefully

rename the file again and make sure that you do not have a dot(.) in the name or any other reserved character. then when (or if) you are presented with the option again to check the internet or choose a program, click the radio button for choose a program and choose any of your media players that it worked in before.

somewhere in your naming process you have altered the files extension so look at its properties and make sure the extension is the same as it was before.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…