File wih rearranged photos wont copy correctly

MuDelta 18:06 PM 04 Nov 12

When I change the order of pictures in a file the changed order reappears after I close and later reopen it but if I copy the rearranged file the order of the pictures reverted to the original one. How do I stop this happening? I am using XP SP3

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:38 PM 04 Nov 12

Files will stay in the order provided you are still in the same windows session.

As soon as you copy or come out of that windows session windows will rearrange into the order you specified in view options i.e. date, size, or alphabetical order.

Only way to keep your require order is to rename in alphabetical (which starts with numbers first) i.e 001 your first pic, 002 next pic, etc.

MuDelta 18:51 PM 05 Nov 12

Fruit Bat /\0/\ Thanks for another of your helpful replies. If you select all the pics in their ordered way, right click and select rename and then do as you say it is all done at one fell swoop! See here:-

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November