File updates

Pinelea 15:00 22 May 07

From time to time I still use an ancient 486 laptop, running DOS 5 and Windows 3.1.

One of the delights of this system is the ability to run Norton Commander, with its facility to run twin panes of files in folders. This way, comparing two directories or folders, one can, with a couple of simple clicks, copy and/or replace new or updated files many at one go, if appropriate.

Can anyone suggest a similar utility or facility for XP?

I find checking updates for back-up quite tedious without it.

Technotiger 15:11 22 May 07

Have you tried Directory Opus - it is a very long time since I used Opus, but if I remember correctly Opus has this ability.

VoG II 15:15 22 May 07

click here possibly.

Pinelea 20:17 22 May 07

VoG - thanks for the tip, but it says its for Vista; I'm still loyal to XP.

Technotiger -I've done the download and install. Opus 9 looks immensely powerful; once I've worked my way through the 278-page manual, I might find out where the comparison of file ages lies.

It certainly shows masses of file relationships.

VoG II 20:27 22 May 07

It works with XP - I use it on my company laptop (XP) on a regular basis to synchronise the files on our company server with the latest version on my hard drive. All over a VPN connection and it works seamlessly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…