File types and save as

Mikeonfreeserve 20:00 18 Jan 03
  Mikeonfreeserve 20:00 18 Jan 03

I had the Ulead IPE graphics package,with which I was quite happy,but in defiance of the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" maxim,I dabbled and installed a copy of Adobe Photoshop,which I didn't really get on with.So out with Adobe and,you guessed it,a problem.Which is that I've lost jpeg as a File Type in my Save As list when I right click on graphics.Also,jpeg has disappeared from the list of file types in Folder Options.When U try to add jpeg/jpg as a file type I get an error message saying it is already used by PEX6 (the Adobe one).
Any bright ones out there?!

BBez 20:11 18 Jan 03

run Windows Explorer, goto Tools, Folder Options then select the File Types tab, look for the .jpeg extension, highlight it with a single mouse click then select Delete which will un-register it. Next time you open a .jpeg, Windows will ask you what app u want to open with...

You may also select "change" instead of "delete" if you have a particular application u want to associate .jpeg's with...

Mikeonfreeserve 20:48 18 Jan 03

Thanks for the reply Bbez,but that's the problem: jpeg does not appear in the alphabetical list of file types.I think the Adobe uninstall swept it away.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…