File transfer/backup to all network computers

synthasy 10:28 15 Apr 05

Hi all,

I have just set up a network between my laptop and pc and its all good as they say.

However i want to at the end of each day backup all the files from pc to laptop and all files from laptop to pc and be able to open and edit these files as normal, but i cant see an easy way to do this.

Has anyone had any success doing this.

By the way, if anyone is looking for a good network or broadband router i can highly recommend the wirelessG from linksys, real easy to set up and up and running in an hour.

Many thanks
Steve

Yoda Knight 11:36 15 Apr 05

Drop to DOS and do what you would like the backup to do. Take a note of all the commands you use.
Make a new text file, enter the commands on seperate lines. Give the text file a .bat extension.

Whenever you double click the new batch file it will run the commands you specified.

You can also play around with archiving files if you have a DOS based archiver (pkzip etc)
You will have to specify remote drives in the format //remote machine name/drive letter/ unless you have mapped drive letters (What OS you are using can affect this)

TomJerry 11:38 15 Apr 05

click here

you can download and try it out

if you can totalbackup, then an imaging program such as true image would be better click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017