File Transfer from PC to PC

s99Raj 08:12 19 Jan 03
  s99Raj 08:12 19 Jan 03

Can anyone recommend a good piece of shareware, or maybe even a commercial program, which I can use with XP Professional to transfer files from a laptop to a desktop via the parallel ports?

At the moment I'm using Star Gate which is excellent and is SOOO easy to use. Plus it's a free piece of shareware. But it uses only the slower serial ports.

-pops- 08:41 19 Jan 03

Have a look at the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard which is part of Windows XP.

s99Raj 10:20 19 Jan 03

Oh, by the way, I did try the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard which comes as part of XP but found it awful and unclear to use and it didn't seem to work anyway.

'Kinell 11:02 19 Jan 03

I have used Laplink 2000 in the past click here

s99Raj 12:00 19 Jan 03

I tried using PCSync 1.5 with Windows XP but kept getting large blue error screens.
Which version does work with XP Professional?

'Kinell 12:39 19 Jan 03

Laplink 2000 works with Windows 2000 so it would probably work OK with XP.
There is probably a newer version out now since I used 2000 that will definitely work with XP.

Laplink lets you link 2 computers many different ways, parallel ports, serial ports, USB, and even over the internet. Although for the parallel option you will need a special Bi-directional Parallel cable available at most PC shops.

jazzypop 12:49 19 Jan 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…