//some 3rd party need geo

File transfer in messenger

Daveym 11:58 20 Jan 03
  Daveym 11:58 20 Jan 03

I have Win XP Pro and when using the messenger service I can receive files but not send them. I get a messeage saying file transfer may be blocked, consult your ISP or administator. I am the administrator. Can anyone help please

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:02 20 Jan 03

Has the person you sending to got a firewall ? i find that these can block file transfers ,also you could try lowering your down a bit.

Regards

Daveym 12:06 20 Jan 03

I will check and see.

Daveym 12:10 20 Jan 03

I will check and see.

gavbloke 12:35 20 Jan 03

I eventually worked out that the problem was not the other persons firewall, but mine I could only send files when I disabled the firewall on my PC, but for some strange reason I could recieve them.

cheapskate2k 13:38 20 Jan 03

Well its nice to know people have access to your pc to send you virus's through MSN, but you cant do the same back!

bvw in bristol 13:52 20 Jan 03

Firewalls can prevent unwanted access to your PC but do not scan or screen for viruses.

gazmania 23:54 06 Jun 03

I searched MSKB, MSN Help, Messenger help. Nothing except some drool about changing proxy ports & advising others to do the same. After 30 minutes of time wasting, I log into this forum & find the answer in one minute. Thanks chaps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…