File Transfer between PC & Laptop

iqs 13:25 14 Jun 15

Hello. I have been using Filezillia * FlashXP to transfer files,but so far no luck is creating a connection. I have followed some guides,but none really offer any real guidance . Can you help please. Thank you

wee eddie 13:57 14 Jun 15

What is the connection between the PC and the Lappy? Cable, Wireless or what

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:24 14 Jun 15

What versions of windows on the two machines? I assume Xp on one the other?

I struggle with Homegroup between XP and 8.1 but can transfer if I place the files in the public folder on XP XP will read the 8.1 files OK.

I also use filezilla to move files between windows 8.1 machine and linux based machines without problems

iqs 19:15 14 Jun 15

Hi, Thank you for the help so far.

I was trying to connect my laptop running XP to my PC running W7.I was using a wired connection to the router via my PC,and both wired & wifi on the laptop. I tried to establish a connection with FlashXP & Filezilla,I entered the IP of the laptop,user name,there's no password,but both time out,no connection made.

I really wish to connect my PC or laptop to my modded original XBOX for file transfers .I thought try an easier connection first lol.

I bought a crossover cable ,and tried to connect the XBOX to the PC ,without using any FTP apps,this failed.

Any more help is appreciated .Thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…