File too big to download in 2 hour cut off time

saldobs 22:50 26 Oct 03

Any ideas on a piece of software that would let me save the amount of download that had managed in a 2 hour slot (NTL) and then reset the modem and continue from where the file had got to?
I have searched on Google but must be using the wrong terms because it has failed me, for the first time ever!

mark500 22:54 26 Oct 03
  woodchip 22:55 26 Oct 03

Yes Dap download manager is a good down loader as it can take up where the connection is lost. click here? take the speed with a pinch of salt. But it does do the job

GibsonSt19 23:32 26 Oct 03
  spruce 23:33 26 Oct 03

Depends on how big the file is. Even with DAP you might be cut off. Some sites do not have download resume. If you have already tried this then it might be worth while setting up a pay as you go account with another ISP and download your prog over a longer period than 2 hours.

woodchip 23:44 26 Oct 03

Yes that's OK but the ISP he is using is a free one cost ZERO

Migwell 00:02 27 Oct 03

Please tell us the ISP that is doing it for free

woodchip 00:09 27 Oct 03

NTL 321 through a Dial-Up phone line. You pay the BT line rental £28 per Quarter and Pay NTL £15 a month to use as Phone calls during the month if you use more you would have to pay the extra for the calls but mine never goes over the £15 on top of that I get Dial-Up 24/7 a year Free

temp003 09:35 27 Oct 03

I have been using the free version of DAP as suggested by woodchip for a number of years (both in the days of 56K modem and now broadband).

The speed difference is quite large with a broadband connection, but you won't gain much speed with a 56K modem connection. But it is still worth using a download manager like DAP because at least you can use the Resume function (when the download servers support it - most do).

Stuartli 12:04 27 Oct 03

FreshDownload (click here) also includes a Resume facility - and Pause as well.

joel42 14:28 27 Oct 03

Never has a problem with Flashget

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…