File size

dfb70uk 07:28 29 Mar 08

On XP is there a limit on file size? I have been recording TV off air via a digital Rx. but when I recorded an 1 hour prog only 20 mins was recorded about 1Gb on the HDD.
dave

MAJ 08:18 29 Mar 08

If the hard drive is formatted as FAT32 then there's a 4GB file size limit, if it's NTFS it should be okay.

dfb70uk 10:39 29 Mar 08

Thanks MAJ
All my partitions are NTFS so I don't know the reason
anybody got any ideas?

MAJ 10:51 29 Mar 08

You should be okay with NTFS, dfb70uk, there's no real (except the size of your drive) file size limit with NTFS. Just wondering if there are any options in the software, you're using to record your program, that limits the file size recorded at one time, as in a trial version of some software?

dfb70uk 11:41 29 Mar 08

I was wondering that but cannot see any reference to size limitation on the Rx software.
Thanks again

dfb70uk 10:17 30 Apr 08

I didn't let the prog finish recording ie the picture freezes until then

dfb70uk 10:19 30 Apr 08

I didn't let the prog finish recording ie the picture freezes until then

Terry Brown 10:51 30 Apr 08

Is the software you are using a 'Full paid up version' or a trial version.
if a trial version it may well be limited to a 'test recording only'.
If as you say 20 minutes recording used 1Gb of space, I would suggest you are trying to record HD (High defination) and you system cannot cope with this, try adjusting to a lower resolution

Terry

dfb70uk 10:27 02 May 08

No as I have added after stopping recording the picture freezes and you have to wait until action resumes to continue doing anything otherwise not all the programme is saved,I had treated it like a normal recorder as soon as I stopped recording tried to carry on doing something else, patience is the key!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…