File Shredder

panhandle 13:52 17 Jun 10

I have been using this freeware without problems until now. I am getting a message "cannot shred files because they are in use".
Can anyone shed any light on this - the files are not in use, I have just right-clicked and "sent to file shredder" from the context menu.
Thanks.

rawprawn 17:05 17 Jun 10

Which File Shredder?there are dozens.

johndrew 18:51 17 Jun 10

If the document/file you are trying to shred is open (being read/on the screen) the shredding software (depending on the software used) can`t delete it. You probably need to ensure that the document/file is closed and browse for it to shed it using the shredder itself.

panhandle 23:06 17 Jun 10

the one i am using is as link below.
However, the files/folders - and i have tried many - they are NOT open when io try to delete..
More help appreciated!
click here
I have had a power cut recently - I am in Cyprus and the electricity is CRAP! - and lost most of my data, my main backup on an exernal HDD was corrupt.had to purchase "systools bkf repair" which worked a treat.
However I need to sdelete the useless files/documenrsand load the recovered files.

Kevscar1 06:20 18 Jun 10

Have you checked the files to make sure they are not read only. Had this problem before and I had to untick each one before I could delete them. Sometimes unticking the folder/subfolders does not workand you have to do each file seperatly.

rawprawn 07:13 18 Jun 10

Try to shred them in Safe Mode.

panhandle 08:35 18 Jun 10

Makes no difference. Also they are not "read only". I have uninstalled & re-installed so - can anyone reccommend another good "shredding" programme please? There are a lot around as rawprawn says.
Thanks.

rawprawn 09:24 18 Jun 10

Eraser, click here

rawprawn 09:26 18 Jun 10

If Eraser won't shred them you may want to try Unlocker click here

panhandle 08:20 19 Jun 10

problem solved with Eraser. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now