File sharing problem

davey 11:41 07 Aug 04

I have set up a wirelss home network that uses my desktop to access the internet which is running win xp home set to internet sharing and networked shared, i can access the internet from my laptop which uses xp pro but when i try to access the desktop from the laptop for file sharing i click on the ms home network and can see the desktop pc, when i try to access the desktop i get the message contact administrator usuall permissions message etc. The desktop is on a work group of ms home but my laptop i use at work which usues a domain. I think this is possibly rhe problem. If this is the problem is there any experts who may have any suggestions that i can get around this problem

regards
davey

johnnyrocker 11:52 07 Aug 04

click here and click here

johnny.

davey 12:49 07 Aug 04

thanks for the reply, the links you kindly posted dont appear to be working, although i did manage to right click and view the name of the web sites but am unable to locate anything to help, have you any other suggestions ??

regards

davey

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…