File sharing poll

SirGalahad2004 01:29 08 Feb 04

not really a problem .. would just like to knoe ppl's thoughts of file sharing ......... do you think its a good thing or a bad thing ?

Gaz 25 01:34 08 Feb 04

Bad thing, loads of file spoofs, dodgy files, viruses, spyware, etc. It also reduced the security as allows access to folders, leaves ports open, etc.

the software is also made by programmers that dont know anything. Really crashable.

smegs 01:34 08 Feb 04

SirGalahad2004, I think its a case of how many people use the PC, and can you trust them???

smegs 01:35 08 Feb 04

Sorry, are you on about P2P?

SirGalahad2004 01:39 08 Feb 04

yes smegs . talking about p2p with all the talk about court cases i would like to know other ppls thoughts , i perssonaly think that it is a good thing ... after all the internet was made to be free to everone , till big corporations took over .... bit thats just my thoughts :-)

smegs 01:46 08 Feb 04

As long as you have Firewalls and A/virus software, I personally haven't got a problem with it. I have, and the P2P that I use also tells me if there is a virus/corrupt file and deletes it anyway. I have never had a virus from any file that I have d/loaded. It gets deleted before it gets to my Pc. As for people looking around your pc, the one that I use allows you to chose which folder/files U want other people to see. I have had NO problems.

smegs 01:48 08 Feb 04

Also, If your not on B/Band, I wouldn't even think about it.

Gaz 25 02:03 08 Feb 04

I woulod not allows anyone into any folder.

SirGalahad2004 02:38 08 Feb 04

wise man smegs if your not on broadband it takes too long to download... and GAZ 25 aslong as you are fully covered with a forewall and A/V you are safe from viruses and hackers ...... but if thats you opinion . i'm glad to hear it . after al that is why i out this thread up

thanks for your replys

Gaz 25 03:58 08 Feb 04

Well you know, I am Paranoid about security. LOL

Thats why click here exists! ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5