File sharing Over Network

Robotic_Rob 20:42 02 Jan 08

Hey,

As some of you might know from my previous topics, i have just bought a laptop with a wireless router. Now i want to share files over the network. Do any of you recommend a way to do this? If possible i dont want to install any new programs. I have two xp machines and 1 vista. Ive searched the internet and i found windows easy transfer but xp doesnt seem to have it.

Cheers

MAJ 20:51 02 Jan 08

Assuming the laptop is wireless enabled, you'll need a wireless adapter of some sort, USB or Internal, for each of the other PCs. Make sure File and Printer sharing is turned on on all PCs, make sure all PCs have the same Workgroup name, you should be able to share files across the wireless network without any problems.

Robotic_Rob 00:22 03 Jan 08

So then is it just a case of drag and drop to send files across wifi after Ive setup the file and printer sharing on all the machines?

I was under the impression that id need to use some kind of software.

DieSse 00:34 03 Jan 08

"So then is it just a case of drag and drop to send files across wifi after Ive setup the file and printer sharing on all the machines?"

Yup

"I was under the impression that id need to use some kind of software."

Yup - Windows is the software - 8-))

SouthernComfort 08:48 03 Jan 08

You need to select the shared files and folders by right clicking. You should then see them in network places.
Sharing whole hard drives is possible but not recommended.
Bob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…