file sharing and firewalls

ricky J 13:39 06 Jul 04

Bit of a novice at this I'm afraid........if i enable XP pro firewall will i still be able to use filr sharing programs such as kazaa-lite?

Old Shep 13:50 06 Jul 04

We do not discuss file sharing on the forum - it is illegal. However enable it and see because if you use those types of programs you will need all the protection you can get from viruses,trojans,diallers etc.and you will be back on here for more help.Regards.

CurlyWhirly 19:15 06 Jul 04

Yeah I agree with OLD SHEP as I have had quite a few trojans on my PC using P2P networks so I have stopped using them now as they are not worth the hassle.
The 'brilliant digital' trojan that I accidentally downloaded from KaZaA Lite messed up my internet connection with DNS server errors.
I couldn't delete it either (even in SAFE MODE) as I kept getting a message that the MP3 file was in use by another program.
I could not get my internet connection back even using system restore so I was lucky to have made a backup using the excellent Drive Image 7 disk cloning program!
It was P2P networks that caused this as since restoring my backup and NOT bothering with file sharing networks I have had NO problems and that was a few weeks ago!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…