File sharing

loopyloo 17:08 13 Jun 06

I have successfully got sharing files over a network. The only problem is why do I have two of each folders in my nework places. ie: My documents folder and then there is a shared my documents folder and the same things are in both. So for both desktop computer and laptop there are duplicate folders. Instead of me just deleting the one I would like to know if I've done something wrong.

ade.h 18:25 13 Jun 06

It is because you created shorcuts to the shares and placed them in MNP, then the auto-population system has done its job and added its own shortcuts to the shares. If you want to add share shortcuts manually, you need to turn off auto-population from Folder Options (in any folder window) but it is preferable to rely solely on auto-population.

loopyloo 12:59 14 Jun 06

When I set the files/folders to share all I did was right click on the folders I already had clicked sharing. I already had the folders on my computer.

ade.h 13:27 14 Jun 06

Yes, I know you already had the folders on your PC. You still need to turn off auto-population if it is not working for you and delete the dulpicates. Any hortcuts that do not enclose part of their names in brackets should be deleted. If all nams have brackets, keep A-P on at least temporarily and then delete them all. Refresh the folder after either process.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now