File sharing

speedbird_zero1 12:15 26 Dec 05

Hi all for ages now i have had an XP laptop and a 98se desktop. The laptop connected by wireless and the desktop connected to the router direct. Both connect without any issue to the web but for some reason file sharing has stopped. It did work, very well but i have not had reason to swap files for some time now so do not know when it actually stopped. I have followed the wizzard in XP but cannot still "see" other machine. Both machines are working fine without issues except for the file sharing (and i cannot print from the laptop, but i never have been able to). Can anyone help with some step by step directions, as now a load of work is on one pc and i need it on the other.
Many thanks, Mike

speedbird_zero1 13:38 26 Dec 05

Sorted it. It would appear that Zone alarm Pro on the laptop was stopping the connection between both pc's. i just turned off the laptop one and all went back to normal. I have now allowed the relevant ip address to be accessed so no further problems.
Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…