File Sharing....

AdventCalendar 11:46 30 Nov 03

A couple of questions...

1 - Is there a quick and easy way to transfer files between a desktop and a laptop?

2 - I have had Kazaa fora couple of years, and am now going to move to Kazaa Lite after advice on here....will all the files I have in my shared folder transfer across to the new Lite version?

Cheers

AC

AdventCalendar 12:14 30 Nov 03

?

sil_ver 12:35 30 Nov 03

If you don't get an answer then rename the folder and transfer the contents after installing Lite

sil_ver 12:35 30 Nov 03

I'm talking about K'lite

Neo_0147 12:40 30 Nov 03

about first question, ue a crossover cable, make usre both laptop and pc has a network card in them. Plug em in and connect via windows network wizard.

sil_ver 12:49 30 Nov 03

Getting rid of kazaa is difficult try using kazaabegone available here click here

AdventCalendar 12:52 30 Nov 03

sil_ver, cheers mate - appreciate that! ;)

Which K-Lite should i go for aswell? seems to be a few when you put it in on Google.

thanks

Neo - cheers mate, not sure if i have a crossover cable to hand...and need to try and do something today. :(

daba 13:10 30 Nov 03

do you have a digital camera ?

if yes, do you have a USB card reader for the memory card in it ?

if yes, you can use the memory card to transfer files.

if you use XP, the card will appear as a "removable disk drive" in explorer when you plug it in.

if you use 98, then you'll need driver to enable the USB removable drive

as for k-lite, use same folder for your shared files as you used for kazaa.

The reason that people may have been un-willing to help you is that kazaa is tended to be a word that is not liked on here.

There have been many debate's.

Also Kazaa and the lite version still leave your computer open to viruses, spyware, all kinds of junk that jus makes your computer go wrong at some point.

My advice, just get rid of both....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant