//some 3rd party need geo

File settings and transfer wizard

anskyber 18:30 26 Apr 06

My CD Drive works fine (I think!) I can burn data including pics and downloaded programmes. But each time I run the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard I get an error message "The disc is corrupted, or there is no disc in the drive. Please insert a valid disc." I have tried 3 discs and still no luck even though I later burnt other data onto one of the discs. Any ideas?
Win XP Home

anskyber 18:32 26 Apr 06

I also get this error message on closing the wizard. An error occurred while the wizard was saving your data.
The location you specified for saving your files and settings is not accessible. Check your access rights, and make sure you have enough disk space available.
The wizard could not save some of your files and folders.

C:\Documents and Settings\Home\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst
C:\Documents and Settings\Home\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst

€dstowe 18:39 26 Apr 06

I don't think F&STW will transfer direct to a CD/DVD. You must first write the data to your hard drive then burn to disk. You can use floppies(!) a cable or a network though.

Stuartli 18:40 26 Apr 06

IIRC the Files and Transfer Wizard is to transfer the files onto another drive which has XP as its operating system or either if both have XP.

Stuartli 18:41 26 Apr 06

You should use a CD-R in multisession mode and that should make your efforts more successful.

anskyber 10:17 29 Apr 06

Thanks both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…