File Settings Keep Changing

grahambastin 16:24 08 Feb 10

The file settings for all my hundreds of files should be adjustable independently of others. Some files I want to be displayed as Thumbnails, some as a Filmstrip and others as Tiles. Within that I want some sub-files displayed in alphabetical order and some in date of modification order etc. I also want the Thumbnail Picture or Icon to stay on the Folder once set and not change.

So that is pretty basic and straightforward and what ought to happen. But I am finding my file settings changing against my will and I have discovered this is due to that file being wrongly linked to another file so they share settings. So if I set File 123 to be a Filmstrip and then Set File 321 to be a Thumbnail I go back and find File 123 has become a Thumbnail. This is happening between dozens of folders who seem to have linked to other totally unrelated folders.

So I now have a huge number of files not set as I want them. I can change them but that changes other files so it's an impossible task.

Something is wrong! Have you any suggestions?

I have done a "Reset Folders" which puts everything to a Tile. And I have changed some File Names but it is getting worse!

Thank you for any help you can give me.

System: Windows XP Home

VoG II 17:45 08 Feb 10

Perhaps click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…