file recovery programme question

gazmix 14:00 28 Apr 08

Hi
I accidentaly emptied my recycle bin without checking what was in & deleted a load of holiday pics i thought i'd backed up. I'm so annoyed.
I tried to use Pc Inspector file recovery download at softpedia, but even after reading tutorial, it seems daunting!! I'm a complete novice & wondered if there is an easier one to use.
Many thanks
Gaz

Chas49 14:10 28 Apr 08

Try click here

I have just downloaded and used this free program - very easy to use.

Pineman100 14:55 28 Apr 08

I've had good success with Recuva, too.

gazmix 15:36 28 Apr 08

I'll have a look thanks.
Can it recover the things i accidentaly deleted & allow me to then save them to a disk etc.
Thanks

gazmix 09:45 29 Apr 08

Hi
I found 1 item in Recycle bin that wouldn't open properly, it said 'not available' & yet the file i erased was titled 'paphos' & i think i erased it a fortnight ago!! Is there anyway i can check in depth. I tried the deep scanning & it kept crashing wanting to send a report..
thanks

Gaz

Chas49 23:40 10 May 08

Chances are that another program saved since deleting 'paphos' has overwritten it - in which case it's probably goodbye to the file.

the hick 18:41 21 Aug 08

I have just deleted some photos I wanted as well. Is Recuva installed as any normal program? I recall reading on another thread, not to install on the drive with the lost photos on it. Bit puzzling.

Pineman100 18:56 21 Aug 08

Yes, Recuva is installed like any other program.

The suggestion not to install it on the drive that holds the deleted photos was probably made to avoid the slight risk that Recuva would be installed in some of the drive sectors that still have photograph data in them, thereby making those photos unrecoverable.

This possibility does exist, but if you have no other choice, then I suggest that it's worth the risk, in order to try and get back at least some of your images.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…