File Recovery part 2

Sparky3327 14:33 04 Apr 05

I posted this request a few days ago and had an excellent response. click here
However, the files I have retrieved have not been complete, i.e. half a photo, or only 64kb of a song.
Any ideas? I feel I'm missing something but can't put my finger on it.
Cheers.

Chegs ® 14:57 04 Apr 05

You shouldn't start a new thread on the same issue.

I have tried several file recovery apps,yet have never managed to recover my wanted files(although I did succeed in recovering files on a mates PC)in a usable state.MP3's that crashed audio software/MPEGS that crashed mediaplayers/images of the hdd(2Gbs+)that were unusable,etc.

I tried lots of "freeware"(usually restricted by filesizes it could recover)apps,and decided that File Scavenger appeared to be able to recover the most lost data so bought it,but it still produced unusable files.

Technotiger 17:36 04 Apr 05

Hi, I am not that technically minded, so only surmising, that your inability to recover complete files is because you had done a Format rather than a simple Delete. Therefore, looks like a 'lost cause' to my untrained mind.

Cheers

Sorry I can't be more positive for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…