File-Program associations

Eraflooz 03:01 04 Feb 03

Hey now!! So, for whatever reason, I am not sure, when I double-click a file(mpeg video) to play in real player, it tells me that this file type does not have a program associated with it to perform that action. This is a new development as I have previously opened these files without any interference. Now I have to actually drag the file into real player to get it going. I know that in My Computer I can associate file types to programs but i am unsure of how to do this...Can anyone help? Win98se by the way, and the file extensions are either .mpeg or .mpg. (What is the difference, by the way?) T.Y. for the time!

tbh72 03:10 04 Feb 03

Right Click my computer on the desktop & select explore.

Select View from the menu & then folder options.

click on the File Type tab, then press the new type button.

Finally create your association from there.

Eraflooz 03:25 04 Feb 03

yup yup you are very correct and had i been a bit more adventerous i could have figured it out fer meself!! I guess the 'disassociation' would have happened when i installed then uninstalled another media player. But...thank you for the help!

tbh72 03:35 04 Feb 03

your very welcome!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…