File Open Problem

Legslip 14:11 15 Dec 04

When working within microsoft office programs, on trying to save a document / open a file the drop down menu for the drive selection and then to select a different drive takes ages to respond, and when it initially does it will then revert back to the original drop down menu, and then i have to make the selection again, at which time it respond as normal.

This only happens when logged ona s1 user name in XP, however if i use anither user name, the program works as you would normally expect it to.

Apart from a virus checker (which runs under both users)I am not aware of anything else running in the background, which is running under 1 user and not the other

recap 16:21 15 Dec 04

This may be due to the time the account profile of the use takes to open. The search for the file will take a little time as the system has to look at quite a number of options before deciding which file to open (plainly speaking)

vinnyo123 16:59 15 Dec 04

Could this also be indexing feature of the drive or drives.

not sure but I would take a look into this to to be sure right click on drive>properties and check to see if indexing is clicked at bottom.

Don't change anything yet until somebody here can give there opinion on this I really havent had a chance to get into this yet but I believe it should be a default setting.

Any comments from members wiil help ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…