File not Supported

swanny2 20:28 22 Dec 05

hi there ive tryed too burn a song onto a cd but when i get so far,it says File Formatt not Supported.What does this mean please.im runnin win xp an i was using nero start smart . im new too this king of thing,but would like too copy a song onto cd for my wife .any help appreciated..
cheers
Swanny. :O)

stalion 20:30 22 Dec 05

What is the format?

swanny2 21:16 22 Dec 05

dunno mate was a song in my playlist i wanted . as i say i dont have a clue.then that popped up format not supported.

cheers.
Swanny .

stalion 21:20 22 Dec 05

right click on the file and select properties and see is it tells you the file extension

swanny2 21:29 22 Dec 05

hmm just says title CDtext

swanny2 21:33 22 Dec 05

oh it says it s a m3u file ?

De Marcus™ 23:05 22 Dec 05

That's a media queue format, also known as a playlist. Which leads me to believe your clicking on the playlist entry and not the actual song in question. Where did the song come from, was it a download, from a cd, some other source, it'll help determine where the actual song file is and thus aid in the burning of it to cd for the wife.

swanny2 16:34 23 Dec 05

ta mate it was from limewire . but im not sure where too place the song once its downloaded or how too.its in limewire now.

cheers
Swanny :O)

De Marcus™ 16:48 23 Dec 05

Sorry swanny2, I can't help further.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…