File *.nch in anti-virus exclusion prog

Andknig 21:24 12 Oct 03

Being curious after a trojan was blocked by Norton on my PC today, I was browsing my anti-virus options, when under the 'exclusions' tab I noted *.nch files were excluded. As far as I was aware only system volume information was excluded (can anybody tell me why?), so this has made me a little suspicious. Did this trojan (that was deleted by Norton) place this exclusion through Norton, or have I got something else to worry about? Thanks.

powerless 21:27 12 Oct 03

no *.nch is excluded in norton.

It is to do with Outlook Express i think and as NAV can scan incoming email, outgoing email. No need to again scan these folders.

But i remove the exclusuion.

powerless 21:34 12 Oct 03

Well i'm wrong.

click here

The Spires 21:48 12 Oct 03

When I had Norton Security on I was informed regularly there were Trojans blocked, as the was nothing I could do with the info I turned notifications off and do so on all firewalls since, now I surf in the peace.

There is an esteemed member of the forum that doesn?t even use a firewall, and not withstanding that surf?s the net totally naked. With such people around what chance do you have of attack?

Andknig 21:52 12 Oct 03

Got the link, thanks powerless, i'll try and decipher it tomorrow when i'm not quite so drunk :-}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…