File *.nch in anti-virus exclusion prog

Andknig 21:24 12 Oct 03

Being curious after a trojan was blocked by Norton on my PC today, I was browsing my anti-virus options, when under the 'exclusions' tab I noted *.nch files were excluded. As far as I was aware only system volume information was excluded (can anybody tell me why?), so this has made me a little suspicious. Did this trojan (that was deleted by Norton) place this exclusion through Norton, or have I got something else to worry about? Thanks.

powerless 21:27 12 Oct 03

no *.nch is excluded in norton.

It is to do with Outlook Express i think and as NAV can scan incoming email, outgoing email. No need to again scan these folders.

But i remove the exclusuion.

powerless 21:34 12 Oct 03

Well i'm wrong.

click here

The Spires 21:48 12 Oct 03

When I had Norton Security on I was informed regularly there were Trojans blocked, as the was nothing I could do with the info I turned notifications off and do so on all firewalls since, now I surf in the peace.

There is an esteemed member of the forum that doesn?t even use a firewall, and not withstanding that surf?s the net totally naked. With such people around what chance do you have of attack?

Andknig 21:52 12 Oct 03

Got the link, thanks powerless, i'll try and decipher it tomorrow when i'm not quite so drunk :-}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…