File Management and Backup

gazmania 10:53 18 Apr 06

After a recent bad experience I managed to restore my drive using Ghost 10. It took all night to restore 20gb used in a 120gb disk. I remember reading an article from a Microsoft professional sometime ago. He kept the System in one drive, Programs in another and data in a third logical drive. I would like to follow this method, but I do not know how to store, if possible, Documents and Settings in a different logical drive to the System. I think I can move Programs to a different drive using Partition Magic.
Can anyone advise please?

gazmania 13:33 18 Apr 06

Does annyone have any experience on this subject?

terryf 13:53 18 Apr 06

I keep only OS and progs on C drive, I set up folders called Dossier (for docs, txt, pdfs), Pics, Downloads, etc on a separate D drive. I always 'Save To' the relevant folder on D drive. I back up emails to the D drive using a program called EA8 that also backs up browser data. I use Acronis to backup a clean XP and programs from C on an ext usb drive. It takes about 15 mins to either save C as an image and restore C. About a minute to restore emails, etc Another 10 mins worst case to update AV, spyware definitions, Windows updates etc and I have a pristine installation. If I add programs, I do an incremental backup with Acronis.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…