File Icons suddenly defaulted to one image

RocketBabyDolls 16:07 03 Jun 08

Good afternoon,

I have a problem which has stumped me. All the file icons on my computer have defaulted to one image. Now i'm finding it hard to tell what one file is to the next without resorting to viewing the folders as a list. It's not just file icons, it's the folder icons too.

All i've done today is burning files onto a few DVDR's using Nero, i've been using Nero for years so i'm pretty sure that isn't the problem. I've also re-installed "Oblivion" which i've installed a couple of times before and not had any problems.

This is the first time i've encountered anything like this. I've tried a system restore but it stays the same.

I'm using Windows XP SP3, i can provide a screenshot if i haven't really made myself clear.

Is there any way i can return the images?

I've gone into the Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types, all the icons can be seen for the file types, i've tried to change 1 then change it back again but it hasn't worked.

Thankyou in advance,
Ash

rawprawn 16:21 03 Jun 08

Download TweakUI click here
There is a "Repair Icons" feature

RocketBabyDolls 16:29 03 Jun 08

Thankyou very very very much, i owe you a pint.

That took all of 30 seconds to load the page, install and rebuild the icons.

I really appreciate the speedy response aswell :)

or to do it manually:
click here

rawprawn 16:29 03 Jun 08

Also click here
No 4

oops too late:)

rawprawn 16:30 03 Jun 08

Glad you are sorted, you don't need the second link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…